From Saturday, March 10th to Sunday, March 17th, I will be on a trip to the Pacific North West, touring with The College of New Jersey’s Chorale. We’ll be singng a bunch of concerts (some with other choral groups), doing clinics with local high schools, etc.
- Sat. 10th – Fly to Portland, OR – departure from Newark, 5:30PM.
- Sun. 11th – Travel to St. Paul’s Episcopal, Salem, to participate in the service, then travel to Willamette University to perform a concert, participate in a choral clinic, and have a pizza party
- Mon. 12th – Travel to Tacoma, joint concert at night with Lakes High School
- Tues. 13th - Travel in the afternoon to Gig Harbor High School for a choral clinic
- Wed. 14th – Travel to Port Angeles, afternoon ferry to Victoria, BC. Evening concert at St. Andrews Presbyterian
- Thurs. 15th – Sightseeing in Victoria – Royal BC Museum, informal concert at the Parliament buildings, and free time
- Fri. 16th – Travel to Bellingham, joint concert with the Cherry Creek High School’s Girls 21.
- Sat. 17th - Travel to Seattle, sightseeing for the rest of the day.
- Sun. 18th - Fly back to Newark. Flight scheduled to arrive at 6:12AM Sunday morning.
Looks like 5 out of the 6 hotels we’re staying at have free high speed internet access, so I may be able to check my email during the trip. While I’m away, email is the preferred method of contact. You can always call or text, as I should get service in that region.
Unfortunately I still dont have a camera, but I’ll try to take as many pictures (with other peoples cameras) as I can. Hope that those of you on break also have a fun and relaxing week!
EDIT (Sat. 3/17) – Our overnight flight that was supposed to get us back tomorrow morning was cancelled, and our current scheduled flight will be getting us back Wednesday morning. See you all then!